Data Wise - A Step-By-Step Guide to Using Assessment Results to Improve Teaching and Learning. Revised and Expanded Edition
Data Wise: A Step-by-Step Guide to Using Assessment Results to Improve Teaching and Learning presents a clear and carefully tested blueprint for school leaders. It shows how examining test scores and other classroom data can become a catalyst for important schoolwide conversations that will enhance schools' abilities to capture teachers' knowledge, foster collaboration, identify obstacles to change, and enhance school culture and climate.
This revised and expanded edition captures the learning that has emerged in integrating the Data Wise process into school practice and brings the book up-to-date with recent developments in education and technology including:
- The shift to the Common Core State Standards.
- New material on the "ACE Habits of Mind" practices that prioritize Action, Collaboration, and Evidence as part of transforming school culture.
- A new chapter on "How We Improve," based on experiences implementing Data Wise and to address two common questions: "Where do I start?" and "How long will it take?"
Other revisions take into account changes in the roles of school data teams and instructional leadership teams in guiding the inquiry process. The authors have also updated exhibits, examples, and terminology throughout and have added new protocols and resources.
- : 9781612505213
- : Harvard Education Publishing Group (HEPG)
- : 0.480808
- : February 2013
- : ---length:- '9.25'width:- '7.375'units:- Inches
- : books
- : Kathryn Parker Boudett (Editor); Elizabeth A. City (Editor); Richard J. Murnane (Editor)
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 379.158
- : 280